- From the Employer point of view, it is clear that vacancies are not filled automatically, but there are Staffing processes lead by the HR departments that are very time consuming..
- Similarly, it takes significant time and effort for workers to find a suitable job, as they have to select companies, send their resumes, do the interviews and negotiate the hiring terms and conditions.
- Internet has reduced the average period to fill a vacancy thanks to the possibility to announce jobs, collect resumes and contact candidates through job search portals and Social Networks
- Candidates speed up their searches as they can access vacancies and company information, send resumes, select companies and get referrals instantly over the Internet.
* Abstract from the article published in Spanish in the Quarterly Review of the Faculties of Law, Economics and Business Administration of ICADE, No. 85, January-April 2012, with M. J. Martin and A. Núñez